Thursday 10 June 2010

Lilly the Vampire's first tooth



Lilly is the same as you and me. She sleeps like us, she reads books like us. The only thing different about Lilly is…

Lilly is a Vampire.


Not only that, Lilly is a Vampire with no teeth!


Her mummy has teeth, her big brother has teeth. They have two pointy, shiny white teeth in the corners of their mouths.


Lilly really, really, really wants these pointy, shiny white teeth because when she has them she can go to big school and learn magic with all the other Vampires.


Lilly would do anything to have teeth.




One day she decided to ask her big brother how he got his teeth.


“How did you get your two pointy, shiny white teeth?”


Her brother thought for a moment, “I stood on my head for a whole day” he said laughing.


He was laughing because Lillys big brother was lying, but Lilly believed him.


Silly-billy Lilly.


So… Lilly went to her bedroom and stood on her head.

She missed breakfast and lunch because she was standing on her head.

She missed tea and supper because she was standing on her head.

At bedtime she ran to her bed and fell fast asleep.


Lilly was dreaming her two pointy, shiny white teeth would come in the night.



The next morning Lilly ran to the bathroom mirror and opened her mouth really wide to see if she had got two point shiny white teeth.


But she didn’t see any at all.



"Oh dear!” said Lilly and she ran to her big brothers room, woke him up and said.


“I stood on my head all day and I still don’t have two pointy, shiny white teeth. How can I get some?” Lilly asked her big brother.


Her big brother yawned. He was not happy to have been woken up.


“You need to hop on one leg of course,” he said and laughed again because he knew that he was lying.


But Lilly believed him.


Silly-billy Lilly.


So she hopped up and down all through breakfast and lunch.

She hopped and hopped through tea and dinner.

She hopped all the evening.

 At bedtime she hopped to her bed and fell fast asleep.


Lilly was dreaming her two pointy, shiny white teeth would come in the night.




The next morning Lilly ran to the bathroom mirror and opened her mouth really wide to see if she had got two pointy, shiny white teeth.


But she didn’t see any at all.


“Oh dear!” said Lilly and she ran to her mums room, to wake her up.


“I stood on my head a day, I hopped up and down for a day, I still don’t have two pointy, shiny white teeth. How can I get some?” Lilly asked her mum.


Her mum laughed.


“But Lilly you don’t have to stand on your head and jump on one leg to get two pointy, shiny white teeth.” She said

“Oh Silly-billy Lilly, just wait for them and they will come.” Lilly’s mum said.


So... Lilly sat on her bed waiting.

She missed breakfast and lunch because she was so excited by waiting.

She missed tea and supper because she was sat waiting for her two pointy, shiny white teeth to come.

At bedtime she got into bed and fell fast asleep.


At night Lilly was trying to dream of her two pointy, shiny white teeth but her mouth was hurting.

She rolled one way and to the other but her mouth was hurting her and Lilly didn’t get to dream about her new teeth at all!



The next morning Lilly was tired, she was so tired that she didn’t run to the mirror to look in her mouth. She walked into the kitchen where her mum was making toast.


Lilly’s mum carefully cut strips of toast for Lilly and Lilly took a big bite of hot brown bread.


As she did she felt something strange in her mouth. Lilly gasped.


“I have a tooth!” she shouted


“I have a pointy, shiny white tooth; can I go to big school now and learn magic?” Lilly asked her mum.


“No dear,” said her mum, “not until you have two pointy, shiny white teeth.”


Lilly smiled, showing off her single pointy, shiny white tooth.


“I know what to do,” said Lilly “I will go to my room and stand on my head, then I will jump on one leg for a day and then I will wait and wait.”


And off she ran to her bedroom.


Her mum laughed and said “ Oh! Silly-billy Lilly.”

1 comment:

  1. This is a really cute story! I love your writing style, I read this with my five year old daughter and she loved it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete